The Home vs. Stay Question
To go home or not to go home. That is the question that has been rolling around in my head for the last couple of months.

We thought Daniel would be deploying this winter so the home vs. stay question has been in the forefront of my mind. I had pretty much determined I was going to stay put so that Eve could continue in school; it seemed as though things would be simpler that way.

But, now that Daniel probably won't be deploying until next summer, the home vs. stay question is viable again. Truly, there are good things about both, though in my opinion there seem to be more good points to going home. And, as far as home, I mean where I grew up and my parents live.

The biggest hurdle to going home would be packing up my house and putting it in storage. And then what about the housing on the other end? I wouldn't have any "stuff" to put in it. But, oh how my heart longs to go home. The moving hurdle gets smaller every time I think about it.

At home my kids would have everything they need and want - except their father, which, honestly, they aren't going to have in either place. I could enroll Eve in the private school I attended, Judah could go to preschool, I would have my dad around to be a father figure in their life - this was sorely missed on Daniel's last deployment - I would have friends, a church, my in-laws would be much closer, and maybe I could even go back and work at the salon, if they would take me. Oh, and I would have a health food store and a co-op again. Hallelujah!

But, we'd be moving again, and it's rough on kids. The upheaval of Daddy leaving, moving to a new place... I don't know.

Just some thoughts rolling around in my mind. Any opinions, ideas, suggestions?

*Post from 1 year ago toady: One Year Later
(I had no idea what my post from a year ago was about until after I had written today's. How timely.)
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits