Takin' Care of Business
I know, this is going to be another laundry post, but I just can't help myself! I had to follow up on my post from a few days ago. I enjoyed reading every one of your responses, though my mom's cracked me up the most.

This is what I chose for my first laundry detergent experiment:

IMG_265201

There was a few factors: Price, quantity, name, and smell. The price was right at just over 5 dollars.; the quantity said 64 loads per bottle; the name was familiar; the smell was light and pretty.

I had Gain in my hand but at a bit over 5 dollars for 24 loads... I couldn't justify it. And the smell was iffy - it was the lavender something or other one. I looked at Tide - I love Tide, but it was too expensive at 6 something for the same load amount. Plus, I wanted to broaden my horizons a bit. I know Tide works great, but is there another brand that would work just as good for me with a smaller price tag?

Did I mention I was at Walmart? I don't think I did. The Commissary is closed on Mondays and I needed to do laundry that day. I stood in that detergent aisle for far too long, but this is serious stuff! Well, kinda.

Moving on to fabric softener....

IMG_264601

A little while ago I was sent Snuggle with Fresh Release fabric softener and dryer sheets to review. I am a die hard Kirtland brand softener fan. But, I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a whirl.... I loved the Snuggle Fresh Release. It really does keep the smell in a lot longer than Kirtland's. I tried it on my sheets, my kid's clothes, and my towels. My sheets smelled beautiful for the entire week. My towel was fresh smelling at every use, and my kid's clothes still had a faint smell of the softener at the end of the day. Now that is saying something.

IMG_264301

For kicks I tried the Snuggle brand regular softener against the Fresh Release; and my humble opinion is the Fresh Release works way better. The bonus was the bottle lasted quite awhile for me even with the large amount of laundry I regularly wash. I found I didn't need to use quite as much to get the nice smell and soft clothes.

Honestly, I didn't see a whole lot of difference between my Bounce dryer sheets and the Snuggle ones, though both work great. We live in a very dry climate and I'm guessing the real test will come this winter. I do have to say I did like the smell of the Snuggle Fresh Release a bit better. But, that may be because I am somewhat bored of Bounce's scents.


I'd like to know, now that you've told me what detergent you use, what your favorite combo is of detergent, softener, and dryer sheets.

Do you use all three together? I do, but I'm a bit obsessive about smell and feel. I am decidedly not a line drying fan, though I grew up that way. It was something about the spiders hiding in the clothespins and the rough feel of the clothes and towels that really turned me off. I prefer artificially perfumed and softened laundry.

Oh, and those long comments totally ROCKED MY WORLD! I'm your biggest fan.
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits