Define Sport
We (co-workers and I) seem to have this conversation every couple of months. What defines a sport. Sgt K thinks NASCAR is a sport. I don't. I think physical exertion should be prerequisite. Yeah, I know, the drivers are pretty fatigued after the race. But they are exerting all the effort. If someone beats me up for three hours I'd be fatigued too. That doesn't mean that I was putting forth effort. If you take out the physical exertion, then all kinds of stuff could be considered sport. Like chess, and golf, and darts. Those are skill games, not sports.
Sports are the only reason I miss T.V. Football is over and March Madness is starting up. I do wish that I could watch a few games. But the benefits of not having cable still far outweigh a few missed games.
-Daniel
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits