Happy Birthday Judah!
The last few nights you have insisted that I rock you to sleep.

"I 'ock", "I 'ock" you say, while pointing at the big brown recliner.

And I am more than happy to oblige. I couldn't care less if you are two or twelve. If you want me to rock you to sleep, you better believe I will.
Truthfully, it has been a balm to my heart. You curl your body up against mine, trying to find a comfortable position around the bump that is your new brother or sister. Your sweet breath caresses my neck while you fall asleep. And I sit there, rocking for as long as I want, just holding you. I know that having my arms wrapped around your little body is a fleeting stage. One you will soon leave behind.

I love the way you love me Judah. Someday you'll figure out that I'm not perfect, but right now - to you - I am. The way you smile at me, the way you snuggle me, your laughter, how you ask for me when I am not near, hearing your little voice whisper "nigh, nigh" after I tuck you in to sleep, and a million other things about you... there isn't anything better in this world.
You are a sweet boy, Judah. You are my sweet, sweet little boy. I am so in love with you. Please... don't grow up anymore. But if you must, always remember that your Mama loves you like no one else ever will.

Happy Birthday Stud!

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits