Anticipation

What I look forward to the most, with having this new baby, is the first few days when I can cradle the soft baby's body against mine and memorize his or her features. The curves of skin, seeing long thick eyelashes laying closed on a plump cheek, enjoying this baby's uniqueness. I love to trace my fingers along the baby's face taking in what for nine months I wondered about.

I still do this with my children, when I am rocking them to sleep or just snuggling after naptime, except by now I have their features engraved on my heart.
There is something so special about a new baby though, so fresh from heaven. This morning I am longing for those first few quiet moments when I can look upon my baby's face.
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits