My Little Ham

" Momma, I just want to be with you."

Can I be a little transparent with you all? I need alone time; I crave quiet...no music, no talking, just quiet. Yet, I have a four year old and an almost two year old. I don't really get to have a whole lot of quiet and it tends to wear on me, quite honestly.
I really like to make dinner in a quiet atmosphere so this is when the kids have movie time. But that wasn't going to happen tonight. Tonight Eve just wanted to be with me. Thankfully, I had given myself a pep talk just yesterday, reminding myself that this time with her is fleeting, to enjoy how she wants to be with me. It may not always be this way. Because of that fresh pep talk I cheerfully plopped her on the counter next to where I was working and we chatted. We chatted about everything. If there is one thing that girl knows how to do well, it's talk. And I have no idea where she gets it from. Ahem.
It was a bit of a sacrifice to have constant company tonight, but what sweet company it was. And if I had sent Eve back to the movie I may have never known that she loves me times six.
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits