Pumpkin Pie for Breakfast
My kids are hungry when they wake up. Cereal alone will not suffice. Ever since Eve was little I have made pancakes, waffles, crepes, french toast, oatmeal, and nearly any imaginable combination of eggs and toast for breakfast every day. The problem is I have become increasingly bored with it all. I was really starting to dread breakfast-time.

While I was at the farmer's market on Saturday I had an inspiration! I saw the pie pumpkins and thought - Hey, I could make pumpkin pie for breakfast! My mom makes her pie with just honey as a sweetener; coupled with an oil crust, it would be perfect! Pumpkin is very healthy; eggs, milk, honey... all good!
So that's what I have done. I just baked the pumpkin, and then together the kids and I made the pie. Now, all I have to do in the morning is slice them each a piece, or two, and we're good to go. Easy, quick, healthy and they love it!

Pie for breakfast?! Life is good!

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits