A bowl of cherries...
Life isn't always a bowl of cherries! I've had a lot on my mind lately, and tons going on in my life. I have a hard time juggling a lot of balls at once, so this last week and a half has been a little bit trying. But, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...

Yesterday we enrolled Eve in Kindergarten. Whew! That was a huge weight off of my shoulders. We've had four options to consider concerning schooling. We had public school, private school, a Montessori-type school, and homeschooling. It was a really tough decision for us. There were great, fantastic points about each. And of course, we wanted the best for our sweet girl.

But what was the best? There was the best for her, the best for our family, the best for our budget... There was a lot to consider.

And I tend to over-think, as a hobby, so my brain has been on over-drive for the last couple of weeks.

Yesterday we made our decision. We chose the private school. It isn't the best for our budget, in fact it will nearly break it with the tuition being 4000 dollars a year. But it is, what we believe, the best for Eve and our family. Daniel and I are both really, really excited for her.

I have to admit I am struggling with the thought of having her gone all day long. I love having all three of my babies right around me, I love Eve's perspectives, and her humor. I love how she enjoys life to the fullest.


It is the thought of missing her learning moments that bothers me the most. I want to see the lightbulbs go on in her head; she gets SO excited about learning, just like her Daddy. It is such a beautiful thing to watch.

Homeschooling would make sense, but I freely admit to not having the inner fortitude to teach Eve and deal with two very small children. And run a household, take care of my husband, and you know... survive. Some of you, I know, do it. And do it with excellence. I would not. And it would be miserable.

So, the school thing is settled. For Eve.

Daniel is going to take classes again, he is so close to his bachelors he can taste it. And we have plans you know. He is in the Air Force and subject to the whims and fancies thereof, but, we have a master plan in mind. Our plan includes a Masters degree within the next 5- 7 years. I think that is entirely reasonable for having a full-time job and three children, don't you?

As for me.... Daniel is going to sign me up for a couple of classes at the local college. Photography classes. And I could not be more excited. Unless it was cooking classes. In that case I would be over the moon... But, photography excites me - thrills me. It makes me feel alive! I am thrilled to have an opportunity to do something just for me. And I am thankful for a husband who sees the importance in that.

So this little post wraps up a bit of what has been swirling around in our lives for the last few weeks. There is more but the day must be tackled.

I think I'll make lemon scones today.... Want to come over?

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits