Blueberry Muffins for Peace
Muffins for Peace

I have a feeling that if everyone who is anyone ate a warm, homemade blueberry muffin for breakfast, this world would be a lot more peaceful. I know it works for me and my little kingdom.

I made this recipe this morning and it's the best I've ever had. Delicious!

Blueberry Muffins

3 cups flour (I did half whole wheat and half white)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 cup vanilla yogurt (I used homemade whole milk vanilla yogurt)
1/2 cup oil (any will do, just not extra virgin olive oil.)
1-2 cups blueberries
sugar for sprinkling tops
paper liners or buttered muffin tins

Makes 12 regular, 12 mini, and 2 large muffins (give or take)

Preheat oven to 350 F

* Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl and set aside. In a small bowl toss blueberries with about 1 tablespoon of flour mixture and set aside.

* Whisk all wet ingredients together and mix well.

* Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just barely combined. Add blueberries and mix lightly. Do not over mix.

* With a spoon fill muffin pan almost to the top. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove muffins from pan as soon as they are cool enough to handle. They will keep for 3-4 days covered at room temperature.
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits