Poor Judah...Poor Me



"Mama, Judah doesn't like to hear the word no either."

Seriously child, who does?

We were suppose to have in our hot little hands today the list of bases we get to "choose" from with regards to where we will move next. But we heard the lovely little two letter word "No" instead. We have to wait until next Wednesday to see the list. In one sense I was mad. Hopping mad. We've been counting down the days for a couple of months now - ever since we knew the date of the list coming out. But on the other hand I feel like we've been waiting for so stinkin' long to know if we are even allowed to be released from recruiting that what's another week?
Thankfully, the date of when they tell us where we will be moving to hasn't changed. I must say I am quite glad we don't own a house since the amount of time between finding out where we are going and actually moving is minimal. As in we could be moving within 45 days. I can't imagine how stressful trying to sell a house within that time frame would be. I am going to have enough stress trying to keep the hearts of two small children from breaking because we are leaving the only home they have ever known. And leaving their friends besides.... This military life is not for the faint of heart.
Daniel and I are excited, yet sad. We have been in Vermont for four years now, which has given us time to really put down some roots. Our house is filled to the brim with memories. We moved in with Eve not being one years old and we will leave with two additional children who were birthed within these walls. Here we have cried tears of great sorrow and tears of great joy. This home has been good to us, we will all miss it very much. But both Daniel and I look on our future with an enormous amount of hope and excitement. We can't wait to put the heartache Vermont has been marked by in our rear view mirror - I want to get to the point where I only remember the good parts of having lived in this beautiful state.
So, next Wednesday (cross your fingers and toes with me!) will be the beginning of the end. And I am ready!

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits