Two Weeks

I find it hard to believe it has been two weeks already. How the time has flown. I look at Eliza's face and my heart clenches up with a deep love for her. I feel such joy simply in being her mother. And then, as if today her two week birthday could get any better - Eliza smiled at me. She was staring in my eyes, I was telling her how much I love her and she smiled. A big open mouthed, deeply dimpled smile. My heart soared.

I love hearing Judah say her name "Baby Liza Dove" as he calls her, to see him kiss her face and stroke her head. Eve is the perfect big sister - protective and loving, always on the alert, letting me know when Eliza needs a diaper change or if she starts to cry. She is convinced that Eliza says "hi" to her and I am loathe to correct her, so I don't.

There's a whole lot of love in our house. Daniel and I are deeper in love, it's amazing how having a baby does that, and the love the kids have for Eliza spills over to each other. It's a wonderful sight to see. Just so you know everything is not perfect - life continues to be life - but truly, I am so content. I simply can not think of a better way to describe how I feel at this point in my life. Content, satisfied, happy, rich. These are all words that I would use to tell you how I see myself. I am taking life a little slower, more determined, and with a greater appreciation for all that has been so generously given to me. I have loved every moment of these two weeks I have shared with Eliza. She's my beautiful reminder of God's love for me.
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits