The One Question You Should Never Ask a Woman
IMG_009102

Daniel took this photo on Saturday


So, I was at a garage sale on Saturday. It was my day to hang out with Eliza and Eve doing girl stuff like hitting a few garage sales.
(Not that boys don't like that sort of thing.)
I was chatting and being all around friendly with the woman running the sale, because that's what I do. I am one friendly girl! It was going great, fine, pleasant; we were discussing military matters, housing, you know military spouse talk. And then she asked me the question, the one question you should never, never, nevernevernever, EVER ask a woman.

"Are you expecting another baby?"

"Ummm, no. Actually I am not."

And because I try to always be extraordinarily kind, I smile and chalk it up to my shirt. But then she had to go and ruin my effort to give her the benefit of the doubt.

She said:

"Oh, is it just left over from having your baby?"

"Why, yes. Yes it is."

And then I smiled and laughed a little because I just can't be mean. WHY! Why can't I, with a well said quip, put that woman in her place? Ugg. I just can't. Because I DON'T WANT TO MAKE HER FEEL BAD. That's why.

Anyways, this has happened with all three of my children. Someone has asked me that same stupid question.
Please, people, stop asking me this question. It hurts, okay.

I am not thinking I am some smokin' hot mama right now. But, to be perfectly honest, I am a size eight. I am a mere eight pounds from being a smokin' hot mama at my normal like I am 18 years old again weight. My stomach doesn't hang out over my pants, it's not flat, but it's not pregnancy-ish either.

So, for the love of all that is good and sacred, stop with the rudeness, already.

*Post from 1 year ago today ( This one breaks my heart!!): "Sam - Our Nose Picking Friend"
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits