Recipes Coming Out the Whazoo: Grilled Pizza and Blueberry Surprise
IMG_990001

Let's talk about food! I know, some of you are thinking this has become a food blog but I assure you, it has not. There are some amazing food based blogs out there and mine is not one of them. I just like to eat and then, apparently, talk about it.

Today we're discussing Dessert for Dinner, Grilled Pizza, and Blueberry Surprise....

First off, let's talk about D for D. Peach Pie was the dessert and it was delicious! A little underdone, but I have never made a peach pie before so I cut myself some slack. Besides, I had hungry people breathing down my neck and the smell wafting from my oven was amazing.

Eve helped me make the pie last night and I am convinced that is why it tasted especially good.

IMG_991001


Are you ready for the recipes? Let's start with the Grilled Pizza and then we'll move on to the Blueberry Surprise.

IMG_937701


Here is the No-Rise Pizza Dough recipe:

In a medium bowl mix and let dissolve:

1 Tablespoon yeast

1 cup warm water

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon salt

2 Tablespoons oil

Add in:

2 1/2 cups flour

Mix until combine. Sprinkle flour on your counter, place dough on top and knead until a soft, not sticky ball has formed.

Easy!!

Alright, if you are making Grilled Pizza here are the directions. I followed them to a "T" which is very much unlike me, but I was nervous! For the Pesto pizza I simply layered pesto (homemade - so easy and cheap!), thinly sliced tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella.

*I think the trick to making grilled pizza is forming small pizzas. If you make them too large I can imagine they would tear and be very hard to move around on the grill.

Could that be any easier or cheap? Enjoy!

Moving on to Blueberry Surprise... This dessert is perfect for a summer evening; it is light, sweet, and simple to make. And it only takes a few ingredients which makes it even better.

IMG_871701

What you need:

Fresh blueberries
A package of cream cheese
Whipping cream/heavy cream
Butter
Graham Crackers
Cornstarch
Confectionery Sugar

First I make my graham cracker crust:

Crush 1 package graham crackers. Place crushed crackers in an 8x8 pan. Add in 6 Tablespoons of melted butter. Mix together and press into bottom of your baking dish. Press a half an inch up the sides if possible. Let this chill in refrigerator while you're mixing up the rest of the ingredients.

Whip together:

8oz. cream cheese - softened ( 1 package)

1 pint whipping cream

Gradually add in:

1 cup confectionery sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

Whip until light, fluffy, and smooth. Pour over graham cracker crust and smooth down. Chill while you are making the blueberry sauce.

Blueberry Sauce:

Place 1 container (8oz) blueberries in a medium size saucepan.

Add in:

1/2 cup fruit juice

Bring to a boil and reduce heat so that it simmers. Stir frequently. When about half of your blueberries have popped their skin add in a mixture of:

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1/4 cup water

I don't always need the whole amount of cornstarch mixture. It depends on how thick you'd like your sauce. I add in about half, stir, and determine if I need more. Remove sauce from heat.

Once the sauce has cooled, pour it over the cream cheese filling. Chill and serve!

I hope you enjoy these delicious summer recipes! Regular programming will now ensue...

*Post from 1 year ago today: Wordless Wednesday - Belly Flop!

Labels:

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits