Snapshot Memories
I wish very often that my eyes could be a camera. I see so many perfect snapshots throughout my day - the migrant workers sitting in the early morning sun, waiting to pick pumpkins; that would have been a beautiful photo. Or, if I could have captured Eliza's beautiful smile when she first saw me this morning, her clothes perfectly rumpled and sleep lines carved into her skin; Daniel walking down the sidewalk hand in hand with Judah and Eve... There is so much I see that I wish I could capture with a camera. Instead they turn into memories.

IMG_448902

Here are a few word snapshots of my day...

Money scattered all over the road, a bright pink envelope, and me picking it all up - thrilled that I remembered I put it on the top of the car so I could turn around and find it. God doesn't always answer our prayers the way we want Him to, but I am very thankful He answered this one the way I had asked.

My face when I found out we are getting a new neighbor; a look, I'm sure, of panic and hopeful happiness.

A man at the Commissary tipping his hat at me. I don't believe I have ever had a hat tip in my direction before. The hat tipping and subsequent "Good Morning, Ma'am" may have taken place because of the dirty, dirty look I shot his way. He was smoking near my car and it was blowing all over me and my kids. I don't take kindly to that. Though, now that I think of it, I did have my sunglasses on so said dirty, dirty look probably went unnoticed.

The look on Eliza's face when I helped her play a chasing, screaming, laughing game with her older siblings. It was beautiful to see her thrill at being able to play in one of their games.

The anticipation in the eyes of the little boy running to give his mother a beautiful rose I snipped off a bush for him. I might have yelled "Make sure you tell her you love her!" as he was headed towards home.

And not actually from today but one that keeps re-playing in my mind's eye: Judah's sweet face when I asked him if he was lying about spilling water...

"Did you spill the water, Judah?"

"No, Mama."

"Are you lying to me, Judah?"

"Yeth, Mama." His face was upturned, looking at me in complete sincerity. I can't help but smile when I think of it.

IMG_460401

Do you have any snapshot memories you'd like to share? I do hope so, because I would love to read them.

*Post from 1 year ago today: Flower Girl Slideshow
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits