Barbecued Chicken and Grape Salad
This is the start of a delicious and easy summer salad. Although, I have been known to make it in the dead of winter. Believe me when I say it is delicious. I made it for first time when I had company (it's a sickness I have, to try new recipes on company) and they loved it. It's Daniel's favorite summer meal.

Here is the recipe straight from my Cooking Light magazine. Underneath the recipe is my version. This is a great use for left-over grilled chicken.

(click on picture to read recipe)



Andrea's Barbecue Chicken and Grape Salad

2 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2-3 bone in chicken breast (barbecued on the grill- cooled)
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2c green grapes, halved
1 1/2 red grapes, halved
4 stalks celery sliced thin
1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 cup walnuts

Pull chicken off bone, slightly shred into medium to small pieces. Place in frying pan and add oil. Stir to coat. In a separate small bowl mix together first 4 ingredients and pour over chicken. Mix well over medium heat just until flavor is set. ( approx. 2 minutes) Place on plate in a thin layer. Cool in refrigerator. (or if you're in a hurry - the freezer) In a large bowl mix together the grapes, celery, walnuts, and vinegar. When chicken is cooled add to bowl along with the mayonnaise. Toss until well coated. Enjoy!

**Could be served with crusty sourdough bread from a bakery. I served it with sliced cucumbers, and fresh green beans steamed, on the side.



Labels:

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits