Chicken Cordon Bleu

I guess this week Thursday is the new Tuesday. My house smells so awesome right now, but the most wonderful part about making this meal tonight was the new tip I learned. Apparently it's best to make Chicken Cordon Bleu while eating chocolate cake. Great news, don't you think?!
Without further ado here it is:

Chicken Cordon Bleu
4 Boneless chicken bre*st
4 slices ham (from the deli) - medium to thickly sliced
4 slices swiss cheese - medium sliced (buy good quality cheese - it does make a difference)
3 cups bread crumbs
4 Tablespoons melted butter
4-6 Tablespoons oil
**Mix butter and oil together in a separate cake pan

First off I season my bread crumbs with:

1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 cup parmesean ( I used 1 cup freshly grated Romano)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (or freshly ground pepper - just
grind until your arm gets tired, like I did)

Combine the bread crumbs and seasonings in a flat pan with sides (I used a brownie pan... mmm brownies)

Next, pound your chicken until thin (approximately 1/2 inch or less)
Lay on chicken one slice of swiss cheese
Lay on top of cheese one slice of ham
Roll inward starting from the smallest end to the widest end.
Secure with toothpicks.

Roll chicken in melted butter and oil mixture
Now roll in the bread crumbs. I really pat the bread crumbs on to the chicken - I like each one to be thoroughly covered!

Place on a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil.
Bake for 30 -35 minutes at 350 degrees.

I had this on our table in an hour - it's amazing how this meal looks and tastes like I slaved over it when really I didn't. I did a little work and got to eat chocolate cake at the same time. My kind of dinner!





Labels:

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits