Tuesday Recipe - Gasp ...On Tuesday!
These chocolate chip cookies have made me friends everywhere- Seriously. They are awesome.
But, there are two particular things you must know about this cookie.

First, you have to use enough flour. If they are made with too little the cookie is flat. I don't particularly like a flat cookie - if you do then this may not be the recipe for you.
The second important factor is using enough chocolate chips, as in the entire bag. Don't be a tightwad - dump them all in. A bag is like $2.50. It's for the integrity of the cookie, or something like that.

If you do those two things your cookie will make men's hearts everywhere melt. I know because I've seen it happen with my own eyes.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cream together:

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
(I use all turbinado, but you could use half white/half brown)

Add and then beat until fluffy:

2 eggs
2 Tablespoons hot water
2 teaspoons vanilla

Sift together and add:

3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Now, add that whole bag of chocolate chips

Bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes, add time if you like your cookie more done. I prefer mine a bit undercooked.

Just as an aside - you could use these cookies as currency. They will get you nearly anything that you could possibly desire. But, you didn't hear that from me, and of course I've never done such a thing...

Labels:

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits