Mothering
Mothering. Is it overwhelming or what?
I was reading in my Sally Clarkson book this afternoon and her words were such a balm to my tired mother's heart. She was talking about the struggles associated with motherhood, saying that she, at times, felt inadequate in knowing how to discipline and train her children. One of the questions she voiced was "Does my child need more attention or discipline?"
A couple months ago I was feeling very downtrodden and at my wit's end. I felt totally lost in my parenting and I remember asking Daniel "Does Eve need more love or more discipline?"
It felt so good today to read that this amazing woman has had the same questions and feelings I have. That she has walked where I am walking right now. And that the feelings I feel are universal among mothers. Feelings of inadequacy, fear of failure, loneliness.
Mothers, we need to encourage each other. We need to be vulnerable and real. We need to come along side each other and help carry the burden. And we really need to not judge, because we are all working towards the same goal: raising children to be adults with character and integrity. And it isn't easy. Ever.
Thank God for those good days, the wonderful memories that simply "happen", the hilarious things our kids say or do. They are our saving graces because this mothering job is tough. It requires an enormous amount of sacrifice, but we so gladly give it. Isn't it amazing how God made our hearts incredibly tender, and always ready and willing to lay down our lives for our children.

So mothers, be encouraged! Your life will never be dull or worthless. Your clothes will never be stain free. Your house will never be as clean as you want it. You will constantly be humbled. You will always be more concerned for your child than yourself.
But your heart, your heart will always be full. And you will always be loved.

As you visit blogs today, take a moment to encourage those who are mothers. We need those few words of love and affirmation from each other. Our tired hearts suck it up like rain drops on a desert floor. And it is so much easier to be encouraging when you feel encouraged yourself.
Go be someone's ray of sunshine today!
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits