The Stir Fry recipe - and a couple explanations
Okay, I tried. I really did, but I just can't finish my "walk with me" post right now. I've gotten to Thursday, but I'm just not feeling it. So, instead I am going to give you my "Stir Fry" recipe.

On another note.... A commenter asked me to talk about healthy eating and cooking from scratch. I am excited to do this! I am going to do this in a series form because I don't want to bore those of you who aren't interested. Plus, I've found it's easier to assimilate smaller forms of information. Wouldn't you agree?

I am also working on a series on how to incorporate more health into your diet in easy, simple ways. First up is whole grains. I have that post nearly finished, so look for that in the next couple of days.

I am really enjoying putting together this information. It's not so much scientific, but instead it's practical, easy to incorporate into daily life, and not off the deep end healthy.

You ready for that recipe? Okay here we go:

Andrea's "Stir Fry"

3 chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks ( this is for feeding four tummies)

Cauliflower ( 3 cups of bite size pieces)

1 can pineapple chunks/tidbits, semi-drained

1 red pepper ( cut up into bite size pieces)

2 cups cashews

2 cloves garlic minced

1 medium onion - sliced medium

4 cups cooked brown rice

**Optional: a couple handfuls of sliced green onions

Sauce:

Combine in small bowl -

1 cup chicken or vegetable broth (I use Imagine Organic chicken broth)

1/4 cup soy sauce (I use San-J)

1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce ( again, San-J)

1 Tablespoom Sesame oil

3/4 teaspoon salt

1T sugar

2 T cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon red pepper

In a wok or a large skillet ( with higher sides) saute the onion and garlic in oil over medium heat. When translucent remove. Set aside in a small bowl.

Saute chicken with a couple tablespoons oil over medium high heat until cooked through. Set aside.

Add onions and garlic back into pan. Add in all the remaining ingredients except the cashews. Pour the sauce over veggies/fruit and cover. Cook until crisp tender. Add in chicken and cashews. Stir and serve over the brown rice.

See how easy that is! This is one of my "go to meals" because I pretty much always have the ingredients and it's simple.

I hope you enjoy this meal!



Labels:

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits