One is Silver and the Other Gold
IMG_098401

I started reading Kim's blog a long time ago. Or, it seems that way. We were both pregnant and I loved reading about another woman who was just as pregnant as I was.
Kim gave birth to Noah just one day after I gave birth to Judah; we navigated the early newborn days together. The only thing was, she didn't know it. I was watching but not interacting. And I had no idea what I was missing out on! I do now, because two plus years later we have a great friendship. And I love her. Someday we will meet, but until then e-mails and phone calls are just fine.

IMG_099601

Today we received a package from Kim, a package full of purple tulle. A purple tulle tu-tu for Eve and a purple tulle tu-tu for Eliza. There is no way a tu-tu could be any sweeter than the ones she sent to my girls. Their eyes fairly glowed with excitement and anticipation. I helped the girls slip into their respective tu-tu, wrapped the purple ribbon around each head, and then watched the dramatic change from little girl to fairy take place. It was spectacular!

IMG_104501

The girls flounced and danced in the breezes (Eliza had a little help from me, of course), the wind swirled the tulle around creating magic. Suddenly an ordinary afternoon turned into glorious fun! We found a unoccupied grassy yard and imaginations came alive!

IMG_111601

We played until everyone was too tired to play any longer. Thank you Kim for the beautiful gifts - my gift from you brought tears to my eyes. I will treasure it forever. Thank you for being my friend; for making me laugh, making me think, for answering all my stupid camera questions, for understanding what my life truly looks like, and for praying for me.

IMG_119901

We may not be old friends but I still consider you gold.

*Post from 1 year ago today: Unexpected Visitors Be Warned
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits