Tuesday Recipe: Banana Bread
I know, everyone and their brother has a recipe for banana bread, but this one is different. I have traveled the world of banana bread... It has been a long and arduous journey. A journey that has not always been tasty, and very often mediocre and frequently disappointing. But then, a few years ago, I found THE recipe. It is perfection. I call it: Only the Best Banana Bread Ever.

Actually what I did was sort of meld two recipes together and also added a bit of my own thing. I made my notes on the recipe and in a moment of brilliance I taped it into my recipe book. That's where the brilliance ended. I promptly forgot it was there and I continued down the road of broken banana bread dreams. For years.

Can we all say Duh, Andrea!

Well, a couple of weeks ago I remembered what I had done with my perfect banana bread recipe! The elation was great! I promptly whipped up a batch of Only the Best Banana Bread Ever and heard the angels singing. Two days and it was gone. Oh, and Daniel was TDY. Yikes! Because I cannot keep a good thing to myself I will share it with you...

Only the Best Banana Bread Ever

5 very ripe bananas

4 eggs

1 cup butter - softened

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup honey

1 Tablespoon vanilla extract

3 1/2 cups flour
(I do 1 1/2 whole wheat, 2 white - don't judge me)

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

3 Tablespoon milk

1 teaspoon vinegar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

Beat eggs, butter, sugar until light and fluffy.

Add in bananas. Beat until mixed.

Add in vanilla.

Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Add into wet ingredients.

Add in milk mixed with vinegar.

Mix until combined.

If you make this into a loaf (actually it will probably make 2), bake in a greased pan for 1 hour 10 minutes. Or until a toothpick poked into the middle comes out clean.

I make mine into muffins and mini loaves. I bake those for about 20 -25 minutes. It makes 1 pan of mini muffins, 1 pan of regular muffins, and 9 mini loaves.

This time, as in last night, I added in chocolate chips.... Those babies take it to a whole new level!

Enjoy!!

*Post from 1 year ago today: Bessie and Flower Girl

Labels:

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits