The Weekend
Waiting for cute children to fill their empty spaces and laughter to fill the air

I just have to tell you - I hate not blogging. I am always thinking of things I want to write but the time... it is indeed fleeting and I have children and a husband who get real vocal if I don't pay them enough attention.

What in the world have we been up to? Life!

I love looking at pine trees with their winter coats on. I find them to be stunning.

I was able to walk with just Eliza on Friday, it was wonderful. I needed the silence that comes from the snow and no little voices asking me questions. It was an hour that brightened up my whole day. Our computer monitor up and died last week so that facilitated a trip to Costco on Friday night. The roads have been terrible but Daniel is an excellent driver. It was really great to get out of the house, but even better to have a monitor I could actually use again. It sure puts a damper on computer usage to not be able to see your screen!

Saturday morning Daniel and I took the kids to the library downtown, they were having a special Valentine's day craft time for the kids. I figured since we hadn't really left the house all week - except Eve for pre-school - that it would be nice to go and do something fun. Plus, let's be honest... someone else cleaning up the after craft time mess is highly desirable, to me at least. It was a really great time watching our kids be creative.



Judah was in awe of all the books the library had. It was beautiful... tall, tall ceilings, huge windows, art, sculptures, and wide open spaces. Just as a library should be.

Saturday night we went to go watch our friend Sam, who is a firefighter, play in a basketball game of firefighters verses the policemen. We love going to the games! And the best part was we won... hurray for the firemen!The kids had an absolute blast climbing up and down the bleachers, running around the gym and playing ring around the rosey. Needless to say, they absolutely crashed when we got back home.

Ring around the rosey, pockets full of posey....

Ashes, ashes we all fall down!

My beautiful, beautiful Eliza. I finally caught her smile on camera. She is talking and smiling so much now. She is such a ray of sunshine in my life.

Do you see her dimple? I live to see that dimple...

Sunday was our day to recoup. We hung out and chilled except for a trip to the health food store to purchase Eve's prize. Eve had reached the candy reward (half-way) part of her good behavior chart. She picked out some chocolate, of course. I love seeing her achieve a goal. She was completely thrilled with herself. We have such great kids. A couple of them tend to be a little on the stinky side at times, but pretty great and totally cute.

All in all it was a really nice weekend.

But, I missed you!


about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits