Memories.... Old and New
**Updated: We froze our butts off. Completely. The kids were shaking, Judah started crying as soon as the hunt was over, and Eve determined that winter has dragged on for far too long.

I didn't even laugh when daniel grumbled about the cold. I was too cold to muster up the energy needed to laugh.

It was crazy.

But they won prizes.... Um, yay?!


Tonight finds us spending the night at my grandparent's house. It is so peaceful here. And with the beautiful full moon smiling down on us, it feels like a different world. Quiet, peaceful, tucked away. We are incredibly loved upon when we are here. We treasure the time spent with the ones that love us so very much.

The five of us are here for the big Easter egg hunt. The hunt is being held tomorrow morning on The Green in the tiny New York town of my childhood. This is tradition, after all. I used to hunt for Easter eggs there as a little girl. I even made it in the paper one year! My small moment of fame.

Because tradition is so important to me, we traveled five hours in order for our children to attend the festivities. Last year found us participating as well, but our kids were just a bit too young. I am in high anticipation of this year's time on The Green. I can't wait to see my little Judah-man go after the eggs. Although, realistically, I think he'll probably just stick his thumb in his mouth and watch all the kids run after the eggs. Eve - she's become a bit more aggressive (I still use the term loosely though, she's a little lover ) and I think she'll be able to hold her own. I love that they actually hide the eggs at this hunt. It seems to be the trend now to just dump all the eggs in a big pile and let the kids duke it out. The "hunt" is over in about fifteen seconds flat. Ugg!

This egg hunt is truly a hunt, and with great prizes too! They even gave away a bicycle last year. But we come for the memories; I'll have my camera, held in mittened hands, capturing the same special moments that bring me back to my own childhood.

I think it's kind of funny that this year the kids will be hunting for eggs amidst the snow drifts. Okay, I actually don't think it's funny at all. I think it's pathetic and just plain cruel. But I do think the snow will make it super easy to spy the eggs.
If you listen carefully at about 10:01 a.m., I bet you'll be able to hear Daniel growling about how dang cold it is. And if you listen extra carefully you'll hear me laughing at his misery. I can get away with that because we've been married for nearly seven years now.

Wow, time sure does fly when you're having fun....
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits