Ah, heck.... who needs sleep anyways?
Eve asked for chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for her birthday party. About 5 months prior to the actual event. Because that's how my girl is. I knew that it would mean a sleepless night but I couldn't deny her, it was her birthday party for goodness sake.

Tarrah, being the wonderful friend that she is, agreed to make the birthday cake when I asked her. I'm pretty sure she heard the desperation and "on the verge of losing my mind" in my voice. She's a true friend, I tell ya. Well, the cake was fantastic, a hit with all who ate it. But most especially with Judah; he loved that cake like nobody's business.

And no, he didn't sleep at all that night.



Here is the recipe for this delicious, moist, and egg-free chocolate cake. It's my favorite; there may be fancier, more involved cake recipes out there, but not one that is better. Many, many times I have mixed up this cake but didn't end up baking it because the batter is just that good. By the spoonfuls it disappeared. But don't tell anybody - it'll be our secret...ok?

Funny how I'm not actually embarrassed about that. I have no shame.

Chocolate Oil Cake

2 1/4 Cups flour
1 1/2 C sugar
1/2 C cocoa
3/4 t. salt
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 C oil
1 1/2 t. vinegar
1 1/2 C. water

Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In separate bowl combine wet. Mix wet into dry until well blended. Pour into greased and floured 9x13 pan, or 2-8" round pans, and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. (til toothpick comes out clean) Cool and frost as desired.
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits