Photo Assignment of Shadows and Reflection
Hey... it's me! Me with very long legs.

IMG_767602  Shadow Self-Portrait

I was out at dusk attempting to capture shadows and refections for my next class assignment. Oh baby, was it cold out there.

But, the cold was oddly comforting. I was so aware of everything; my fingers, my toes, my hair swirling around my head, my body shivering in response to the definite snap in the air. I can't think of a time I have enjoyed photographing anything so much as I did that night. For all the sound of the wind I heard silence; my fingers and eye working almost as one; my mind free, only taking pictures of the things that moved me, that created emotion in my chest.


IMG_774601

The water looked so soft to me. Like textured glass.

IMG_767401 Stick

Looking at this photo and the one above makes me feel melancholy.

IMG_782001

The feathers caught in the dying grasses captured my attention.


IMG_775701

The tentative ripples in the pond breaking the rising Fall moon into bright shards of light.


IMG_780301

The bridge that doesn't feel the tender caress of a single footstep.


I felt emotion taking these pictures. My hope is that they created emotion in your chest too.

Oh, and that they earn me another one-hundred on my assignment. Reality is such a downer.

*Post from 2 years ago today ( One of my most favorite things Daniel has ever written.) Born in the Family
about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits