Photos From Class, Yo.
IMG_831702

The assignment was to bring in photos taken with the theme of "Vintage." My wedding rings (in the above picture) aren't true vintage; they are of the filigree style and look vintage but were purchased new. I would have loved to have had true antique filigree rings but holy cow are they expensive! At least the ones I loved were. Apparently, I have very expensive taste.

IMG_833601

I bought this platter at the Salvation Army and paid practically nothing for it. I know I should polish it but I am rather partial to the beauty of the tarnish. I'm going to leave the silver just the way it is.

Today was a happy day here at my house! Today I bought two tickets for a long stay at home for Christmas! My parents have also given us two more tickets with their hard earned air miles. I am so thankful for their generousity. Though, I'm positive they didn't do it for any other reason than so they could see their grandchildren. I'm no fool.

Man, I sure do miss home. More than I had anticipated. I love New Mexico - I think I've established that fairly well - but it's not home.

I know, I know... home is where the heart is. Home is where your family is. And in Vermont, though it took a few years, our little red house and our little town felt like home to Daniel and I.
In actuality, it became our home.

Nonetheless, I need to sit and let my ears hear my Grandma Chips' sweet, low, husky voice. I need to get a kiss from my Poppie and smell his beloved coffee breath and feel his whiskers tickle my cheeks. I want to hear my children's happy voices mingled with the sound of my family all around me.

Because of today I am excited for Christmas, knowing that my little family will be in my parent's home, in a place as familiar to me as my own hands. Wouldn't you agree that we all need those times where we can let ourselves be comforted by the sounds, the smells, the touches, and the tastes of a familiar place?

Any big (or little) Christmas plans?

*Post from 1 year ago today: Amazed and Holiday Airmen

*Post from 2 years ago today: The Box Store Children

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits