D For D and Tuesday's Recipe: Grandma Chips' Coffee Cake
If you are so inclined you can vote for me here. Thank you, thank you!

We've had a mini hiatus from Dessert for Dinner. It's been a sad time for us all. Thursday nights have felt so typical and boring. But, with Daniel TDY and the kids having tandem colds, something had to give. But now we are healthy, together, and that means... DFD is back!

IMG_266401

Dessert For Dinner tonight was Banana Splits. And boy, were they a HIT! They were neither elaborate or perfect but the kids didn't care. They were thrilled to have multiple scoops of ice cream and chocolate sauce. On a banana no less. The sprinkles nearly put them over the top! Life doesn't get much better than that when you are 5 and 2! Eliza skipped out tonight, though I did give her a taste or two of mine.

Alright, moving on to my Tuesday recipe on Thursday.

Technicalities, technicalities.

This is my Grandma Chip's recipe for Coffee Cake and it is evil. It draws me in with it's beauty, it's ridiculous moistness, it's perfect crumb, the addictive taste of cinnamon and sugar.... I could eat the whole pan.

No matter who I serve this to it is always devoured. This Coffee cake is sure to be a hit no matter who you are feeding!
For me it will be teachers. And because I really like them I might even bring some of my awesome and favorite Vermont coffee to compliment the cake.

I have been making the staff at Eve's school a special Friday treat. The first week it was Chocolate Chip cookies, the next was Brownies, and tomorrow it will be Coffee Cake. I also made Lemon Scones one week but that was on a Wednesday. Wow, were those were a huge hit!

Anyways, coffee cake.... Here we go!

Oh, by the way, I'll include a picture tomorrow after I make mine.

Okay... really, really, here we go:


Coffee Cake

1 cup softened butter

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup (8oz) sour cream

2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

For the topping(mix together):

1 cup chopped nuts (optional, of course)

1/4 brown sugar ( I use raw sugar)

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:

Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs until light.

Add in: vanilla and sour cream

Mix in: flour, baking powder, and salt.

Spread half of the batter in a greased and floured 9x13 pan.

Sprinkle with half of the topping mixture.

Spread the rest of the batter over top.

Sprinkle with the remaining topping mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

Be prepared to have your house smell like you would imagine Heaven's kitchen to smell. It's divine - the smell, the taste, everything.

Enjoy with some delicious coffee, if that's what floats your boat!

Labels:

about us
miscellaneous
previous
archives
military
miscellaneous
miscellaneous
post labels
credits